6.21.2006

And now for something completely different...


Here's a little Radiohead update from green plastic:

"Whew! What a last few days. Radiohead played a marathon set of 28 songs in front of 80,000 people at Bonnaroo last Saturday. According to the reviews sent to us, it was an awesome time. Bonnaroo grossed over $15 million making it the top-grossing festival in the world.

After leaving Tennessee, the band traveled North to Chicago where they played two sold out shows at the Auditorium Theatre. Reviews for the June 19th gig can be found here while last night's reviews can be found here. Many thanks to everyone that submitted!

Now Radiohead are on their way to California to play the final three stops on their North American tour. First stop will be in our neck of the woods at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley this Friday and Saturday. Hope to see you there!"

And here are some more photos of Thom and the boys that I took at last Saturday's Radiohead Show at Bonnaroo...


If you'd like to see more photos, please let me know. If you'd add a link to my blog from yours I'd be more than happy to reciprocate.

I really enjoyed hearing Big Ideas (Don't Get Any), it has always been one of my favorites. I appreciated the crowd's silence during Exit Music (I never saw a lighter light vigile quite like that) and How to Disappear. House of Cards really blew me away. I enjoyed Thom's sing-a-long to "this is what you'll get" and the crowd's spontaneous glow band light show to Everything in its Right Place. I wasn't sure what to expect with 80,000 festival fans at an outdoor venue in Tennessee. It turned out to be a spectacular event.

I hope you enjoy the photos. I'd appreciate any feedback.

5 comments:

jenneral said...

Wasn't it an amazing show? You look to be in the same vicinity as I was, but you had a much clearer shot and your pictures are much better! I'll be posting a link to these as soon as I get to posting my own Radiohead-Bonnaroo experience.

Just how did you get such good shots?

hndrcksn said...

Thanks. We were on the front of a little ledge that allowed us to be just a little higher than the rest of the crowd. We got to the venue during Elvis Costello (b/c we had to check out the Magic Numbers and Clap Your Hands) and managed to work our way forward after Beck's outstanding performance.

Anonymous said...

Hey i believe you were our camping neighbor's this year. If you were up against the back fence, and we made you and your girlfriend some burgers and hotdogs on saturday night?

I came across your blog from fakeplastic.com
crazy...

-Darryl

hndrcksn said...

hey darryl,

great to hear from you. did you like the radiohead pics?
thanks again for the burgers and hotdogs.
where are you guys from again?

stephen

Anonymous said...

Stafford, VA. Ten miles north of Fredericksburg. Yeah no problem on the food, and those are great pics. You guys got real close.

-Darryl