6.08.2006

You Don't Say

Here are three things I'd like to highlight today:

Check out the World Bank's Private Sector Development Blog

It quoted Nobel Prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu as saying,

"I’m of the attitude that, like in politics, development is local. You can have the grand view but if you don’t infuse the people at a grass roots level you’re playing marbles. I think what this shows is you’ve got the people, and if you just have enough confidence in them people are almost always amazing. And they’re amazing also in their resilience."

Also the Inter-American Development Bank's Mapping the Majority is a powerful tool for graphically representing development related phenomena.

Finally, I'm a big fan of google's customizable homepage. Mine includes my Gmail inbox, calendar, weather, news, etc. I'm excited about the new World Cup add-on Google has created. I'll get updated scores, standings, and highlights right from my main page. I like the sound of that.

No comments: